We offer caring, one-on-one ministry during difficult times in life. The care receiver will be prayed for, listened to, and will receive Christian caring in a confidential manner.
A Stephen Minister is…
• A child of God who walks beside a person who is hurting.
• A congregation member with gifts for caregiving, who was carefully selected to serve in this role.
• A lay person who has received 50 hours of training in providing emotional and spiritual care.
• A caring, Christian friend who listens, cares, prays, supports, and encourages.
• Someone who will be there for his or her care receiver, meeting faithfully for about an hour each week, for as long as there’s a need.
Stephen Ministry is Your Ministry
You play an important role in the Stephen Ministry. Here’s what you can do:
• Pray for God to bring hope and healing to hurting people through Stephen Ministry.
• Accept care from a Stephen Minister during your time of need. God doesn’t expect you to bear your burdens alone.
• Tell a friend, neighbor, coworker, or relative who is hurting about our Stephen Ministry
• If you are a good listener and a compassionate person, prayerfully consider becoming a Stephen Minister. GUMC is a Stephen Ministry Congregation.